Thursday, May 15, 2008

The one with a dramatic trailer...



I've made a pretty dramatic trailer for my upcoming event, Family Affair II, feeling epic movie. Family Affair II happens this weekend, 17th May (Saturday), 5.30pm, at Chamber (The Arts House) and admission is only $10 with a free mixtape. I did Family Affair last year with Da Fam and XS.1, and I made a promise to The Rebel Scum that I will do Family Affair II for their whole family. Well, if you're still wondering what the show is all about, its a hip-hop gig showcasing collectives and families in both SG and MY. It will be fun, trust me. Come down if you're free. Besides if you can spend $50+ for Gilles Peterson, what's $10 for good local hip-hop music? Show some love.

The Arts House has been like a home ground for my events this year, and I'm very thankful for that. Martini is so much easier to liaise with and she being an organize freak, turns me into one too. Protege, last month, was one of the most 'on the dot' event I've ever done. I've already planned for some shows in 2009, but still its really difficult to confirm a lot things due to lack of fund. I hope I dont end up giving up.

Anyway, last week I was at the Chamber for Peepshow EP launch. *Kudos to them* The event was hosted by me, and I was also a guest performer with King Kong Jane, another amazing band we should all look out for. I love Colin's (lead singer) energy on stage and the band of course is really good. I performed after that with Funkus, and I totally didnt like my set. I played Saturday (check out the song on my myspace or AMP page), a cover, Same Woman Again and Papa's Got A New Wife. I just thought I was a better host than a performer that night. Lately, I've been feeling that. Peepshow of course took over after that and rocked the evening away. Zaki is a great vocalist, SK is crazy and the rest of the band members compliment each other very well. If you like to check out their music and get more information on where you can get their EP, visit www.myspace.com/peepshowband. I created a new expression/lingo that night, and until now its stuck in my head. And people have been teasing me with it too. *awkward* Haha! Well, only some will understand. :)

Cant wait for Saturday... Hope to see you there! Peace!

No comments: